In a world where we constantly hear bad news, it is always good to hear some good news. The Gospel message is Good News! Let us understand some fundamentals of the Gospel message.
- God exists. There is a God who is perfect, holy, righteous and true. He is the Creator of all things in both heaven and earth. He loves us with a passionate, active love.
- Men and women are sinners. To sin means to fail to comply perfectly to God’s perfect standards of morality and inner character. The Bible teaches that all have sinned and all have turned their backs on God. No one can say that they are without sin because all have failed to live up to God’s perfect standards.
- Sin’s penalty is death. Eternal separation from God is the punishment for sin. Since all have sinned, all must face this punishment.
- God sent Jesus. Jesus is the only man to have ever lived that lived a sinless life. He was perfect. He is the Son of God, God wrapped in human flesh.
- Jesus paid our penalty. He was crucified on a cross for our sin. Though sinless and innocent, He died in place of the guilty ones (US!). This means our sin can be forgiven.
- Jesus is alive. He arose from the grave 3 days after His crucifixion, defeating death and assuring the way of salvation for us. He is alive today, seated at the right hand of the throne of God. He wants to be our Savior and our Lord. He will forgive us of our sins and make us born again if we ask.